Architecture

  • Lismore Castle

    Built by Prince John of England in 1185 it remained for four centuries the Episcopal residence. In 1589 the Bishop’s Palace was ...

    Read More »

  • St. Carthage’s Cathedral

    St Carthage's Cathedral lies beyond tall gothic gates. This has been a place of worship since 636. Gravestone slabs from monastic ...

    Read More »

  • Lismore Courthouse

    The Courthouse Building, was built in 1880, though the original structure was destroyed by fire in 1920, a casualty of the War of ...

    Read More »

  • St. Carthage’s Parish Church

    St Carthage's Parish Church was officially opened in 1884.  Designed by W. G. Doolin, it is seen as one of the finest examples of...

    Read More »

  • Lismore Library

    Lismore library is a detached Neo-Tudor style library built in 1910 and is one of many built in Ireland funded by the Carnegie Tru...

    Read More »

Connect with us on Facebook

Affiliates