St. Carthage’s Hall

St Carthage Hall was opened in 1887 as a place of worship for the Methodist community of Lismore and West Waterford. From 1952 onwards the Hall was used as a place for meetings and events but fell into a state of disrepair.

In 2011 St Carthage Hall was opened as a second exhibition venue, for Lismore Castle Arts, on Chapel Street (behind the Lismore Heritage Centre). At 45sqm it is a modest gallery space and the refurbishment of the Hall has helped to preserve its history whilst also allowing the venue to have a sustainable future.

(w): www.lismorecastlearts.ie

Share

Connect with us on Facebook

Affiliates